HOME OTM GUIDE WANT ADS CBOX LOG OUT

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

super cold please send help //easter, social with endora // swear warning
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:18 PM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”[/align]

---

It was fucking cold, okay? It was fucking freezing and he had no idea why the school wanted to kill them by sending them down to this hell hole where nothing good would come out of it. He. Was. Frezing. Daryn pulled the sweater closer to him, shivering and twitching, the cold making his twitches worse. He should have brought gloves. He should have brought something nice and warm and not just a homemade sweater his grandmother had sent him.

“F-Fuck, wh-where’s D-D-Dory?” he grumbled, checking his cracked phone for an update. Instead all he got was that annoying ass alarm telling him to eat something. He grumbled, pulling out a small little protein bar and chewing on it a little. He wasn’t even hungry.

After a few bites he packed the food away, pulling something else out of it. It probably wasn’t the best idea to try doing with his twitches like this, but if he could succeed he would at least be able to get in a few puffs. He put the end of the cigarette butt in the left side of his cheek, making sure it was secure and not in his teeth, where he’d bite through it. He twitched, nearly dropping his lighter. He finally succeeded in getting the lighter where it needed to be, fingers twitching again as he tried to light it. He grumbled under his breath, the cigarette nearly falling out of his cheek when he tried to light in, fingers just skimming over the release for the gas and the metal wheel. He needed a zippo, dammit, not a fucking cheap ass fifty cent lighter.
PM
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:31 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

Endora grumbled quietly to herself as she nearly slipped on a patch of ice. Again. Why was she doing this? Well, she knew why. There was profit to be gained. But again, why was she doing this? Who in their right mind decided that this, of all places, was a good location to continue the egg hunt?

Her grandparents had thought that sending her to University instead of having her wander the pokemon regions would be safer. She scoffed, imagining the looks on their faces if they could see her in this moment. Bundled up so that only her face was showing - and even that was cold - as she went spelunking into heaven only knew where. At least she had the comfort of knowing if she fell and broke something she could call for help. How her phone had service in a cave, she didn't know but this place was pretty high tech.

Thankfully.

Still, she knew she was running a bit late. After all, this wasn't the first time she'd slipped as her slightly damp clothing could attest to. Eventually, she made it to the entrance of the snowy cave. And Daryn. He was becoming a constant in her life, and wasn't that a trip? So was the fact that she actually felt a certain fondness when she'd finally caught up to him.

Her. Happy. About company. She'd certainly fallen down the rabbit hole this time. Even if her company wasn't quite dress for the occasion. He had on... something sort of like a coat. But she didn't see anything else. No gloves, no scarf, no hat to protect his ears. Exasperation filled her, and she readied herself to berate him for his lack of forethought....

Until she noticed what was in his hand. And his mouth.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?"

PM
^
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:43 PM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”[/align]

---

Oh. Ohhh. That did not sound good. That did not sound good at all--she was going to kill him. That voice did not sound happy and he was pretty sure it was not about the lack of gloves and scarf and other winter shit. Nope. It was the cigarette.

He twitched, embarrassed. He took it out, twitching and nearly breaking it. “J-Just a cig-cig-cigarette. I do-don’t do it of-often. Ju-just so-sometimes. H-Helps rel-relax when I g-g-get too tw-twitchy,” he said, trying to appease her. It wasn’t working. He could already tell that. Even as he was talking it wasn’t working and he was pretty sure he was digging a deeper hole. “I-I do-don’t usually ge-get more than a f-few puffs...so-so it’s no-not too b-bad.”

“I a-ate!” he quickly added, trying to appease her again. “S-Something li-like a trail b-bar? Th-The ala-alarm went of-off.”

His grandparents spent the time since he was sixteen trying to get him to stop and here he was wondering if it would be better to quit so he didn’t end up pissing her off more.

What the hell was this woman doing to him? At least he had a friend, and she was looking out for him...but still. This was ridiculous, changing so much of his daily life to accommodate the changes she wanted...even though they were pretty good changes. He didn’t have headaches all the time from forgetting to drink.
PM
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:59 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

Somewhere between shocked and outright horrified, Endora stared at the man she was apparently growing fond of. How could he do this to himself? For what purpose? He couldn't remember to eat, but he could somehow manage to remember all the paraphernalia for this habit?

How had he not hurt himself with that, anyway? Between the fire needed to light the thing, the very real possibility of burning himself with the cigarette itself, she felt herself go into a minor panic that the thing was anywhere near him.

No. This would not stand, no matter how much he thought it might 'help' or be okay. Even a few puffs was enough to ruin his lungs. He didn't need cancer as well as all of his other problems.

Anger was not quite the word she would use for what she was feeling. Rage. Disappointment. Confusion. But anger was not a good description. His excuses weren't good either. A soft growl escaped her as she stalked towards him. She didn't bother to stop at a reasonable distance, instead getting up close and personal. One hand reached out to snatch the offending cigarette from him, the other lifted so that she could gently pin his chin between her fingers. She wanted to ensure he was looking at her and not fidgeting away.

"We will find you other ways to relax, Daryn. But this? This is unacceptable. Despite your problems with eating, I didn't think you suffered from self harming tendencies. Clearly, I was wrong."

PM
^
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:10 PM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”[/align]

---

“T-That’s my la-last on-one, D-Dory…” He didn’t usually take many cigarettes with him, having a bad habit of destroying them and getting frustrated, and he hadn’t had time to go out and buy more of them either.

Daryn fidgeted, trying to pull his chin back at least a little bit. She was terrifying. Terrrrriifffyyyiiinnng. And he probably shouldn’t be smoking anyways. But it was his habit still...“I-It’s not sel-self ha-harm. It-It is ju-just smo-smoking,” he stuttered out, flustered by the closeness. He fiddled with the lighter in his hand though. He had a few burn marks that were still healing from the last time he tried smoking.

“F-F-First Mi-Mi and no-now Dory,” he grumbled. But, still pouting slightly, gave the lighter to Endora as well. “D-Done sco-scolding me? Can w-we find the e-eggs now?”

He shivered. He should probably get another coat when he got a chance, but his funds weren’t the highest. He bought the shittiest stuff usually to make sure he didn’t take too much from his account, and without the meal plan he probably wouldn’t eat much anyways. He only had the trail bars because of Endora.

“F-Faster we fin-find the eggs, the fa-faster we get ho-home,” he added. Faster he could maaaayyybe sneak a cigarette too.
PM
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:27 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

"Good." She wasn't exactly gentle in taking it from him, and she definitely wasn't sorry when her rough handling snapped the thing. She would have dropped it and been done, but there were pokemon around and she had no idea how the tobacco would effect one if it was eaten. Probably it wouldn't be good.

"How is it not self harm? It's an addiction, the same as any other drug. Not to mention the after effects. Not only does it smell and stain everything it comes across, but there's long term damage to your respiratory system. COPD. Cancer. Just plain breathing problems. Do you want to wheeze and cough as well as stutter?"

The stutter was rather endearing and she'd caught herself more than once thinking how cute it was, but somehow she doubted him hacking up a lung would hold the same appeal.

So when he handed over the lighter, Endora grinned in triumph and quickly pocketed it. Hopefully to never be seen again. "Why, yes. I am done scolding you, at least for the moment." Her grin turned briefly into an actual smile that she flashed at him. On impulse, she leaned forward and pressed her lips gently to his cheek. "Thank you for indulging me."

Finally, she released him and took a step back, though she still eyed him critically. She wasn't going to complain, she did say she was done for now, but she did have to do something about his lack of warmth. She didn't have an extra coat to pull out of her bag, so with a sigh she unwound her scarf and settled it around his own shoulders. When she'd ensured that it was wrapped and would provide as much protection as possible, she nodded to herself. Better.

"Right. Let's go find those eggs."

PM
^
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:43 PM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”[/align]

---

“I-I br-breathe fi-fine, Dory,” he said. “Y-You’d tel-tell me if I was-wasn’t.” Endora was always honest--something he had become quite used to and looked forward to. “I-Imagine wh-what that’-that’d sound like. S-Stuttering cou-coughs. F-Fucking hil-hilarious.” It would be--if he forgot about the deeper health implications.

What. The fuck. He was kissed. She kissed him. On the cheek, yes, but she kissed him. He had never been kissed, alright? Never. No one wanted to kiss a twitchy little freak. At least, that’s what he thought but here he was, getting kissed by Endora and it was [i]weird[/i’] to him but not a bad weird? Was that weird? For it to be weird but a good weird?

His face was bright red now, flushed and his twitching was even worse than before. He pulled at his sweater a bit, his other hand going up to his hair and pulling at it yet again. “W-W-Wh--Why did-did yo-you--I m-mean--t-that was-wasn’t s-some-something--I-I mean--”

Daryn, in his embarrassment, hid his face in the scarf, rubbing his face through the fabric. “E-E-E...D-Dam--F-Fuc--” He couldn’t even finish a sentence now. Great. He continued to hide his face in the scarf, pulling up the thick fabric up to his eyes. At least he didn’t feel cold now--he was just warm from embarrassment.

Fuck. Did that count as a first kiss? What made it a first kiss anyways? That had to be, right? It just made his face more warm.
PM
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 10:03 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

Endora blinked. If she hadn't been standing right next to him in the middle of the snow, she might have thought he'd caught fire. He was so red, and she wasn't even sure why. Not at first anyway. Common sense told her it probably wasn't the scarf that he was clutching so tightly that was the source of his embarrassment, though why he was acting so shocked by a kiss on the cheek was a mystery to her.

It wasn't as if she'd kissed him on the mouth.

Though if this was his reaction to such a simple gesture of affection, she couldn't imagine what he would do if she actually had kissed him full on. The thought made her lips twitch, and as he buried his head in her scarf her amusement grew. That was adorable.

"It's just a scarf," she couldn't help but tease. "But if you like it that much, I suppose you can keep it."

PM
^
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 10:17 PM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”[/align]

---

Okay. He could relax. He didn’t need to do anything. He could just relax and pretend like he hadn’t completely embarrassed himself. He could do it. It wasn’t like it was really his first kiss. Okay. Just a little bit. But that was beside the point. Daryn wrapped the scarf tighter around his face, now only covering his chin and part of his mouth. It felt nice. Soft. Made him feel a little more...fragile in a good way, like--

Eggs. That’s why they were here--to find eggs. He could find an egg. Or two. Something at least to get his mind off of whatever was going on, whatever he was feeling. And the embarrassment. The embarrassment that he was feeling like fire on his cheeks. He would be fine. They would be fine and he could relax some. It’d be totally fine.

What wouldn’t be fine is him tripping over his own feet and catching himself on the wall just barely and scraping his hands. He quickly shoved his hands on his coat, wiping it off. “F-Fucking shi-shit,” he muttered. He couldn’t believe he was doing this--especially to him. “U-U-Um egg-eggs? W-We should fi-find them. Fi-find the eg-eggs,” he said.
PM
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 10:36 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

This was just getting better and better. How was such a simple thing so absolutely endearing? She couldn't imagine anything better in that moment and it was a shock to her system to realize that she was happy. Actually, truly happy in a way she couldn't remember feeling in... ever. Here she was with a smile, enjoying spending time with another human being. Never in her life had she thought she'd actually like someone's company.

And if him nuzzling into her scarf and frazzled because of her gave her a small thrill of possessive pride, well that would be her little secret.

Of course that was wiped clean when he went to move and slipped. "Oh!" Endora reached out as if to grab him, but he caught himself against the wall. She breathed a sigh of relief, but the way he was handling himself made her think perhaps he hadn't gotten away unscathed. "Are you alright? It's terribly slick here, I've fallen a few times myself."

While she spoke she gently grabbed his hands and turned them over to take a look. They were scrapped up, and she winced in sympathy. "Ouch." And there was a bit of rock embedded in there, she could see it. So she caught her glove between her teeth and pulled it off. The bad thing about gloves was that she couldn't feel anything through them.

His hands were freezing, she noted absently as she brushed away the debris from his palm.

PM
^
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:44 AM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”

---

“I-It’s fine,” Daryn said quickly, but...her hands were warm. He twitched, but still glad that her hands were warm and still holding onto his own twitching hands. It was a nice change. Someone not being annoyed of being by him and all, that was new to him. Someone actually happy being around him? Smiling like that and everything?

He really needed to clear his head. Maybe it was the cold. This cave was freezing and, even with Endora’s scarf, he was still pretty chilled. That could be affecting his mind. It probably was affecting his mind. “W-W-We should fi-find the eg-eggs bef-before you st-start stut-stuttering,” he said, finally taking his hands back. He tucked them into his pockets, hoping that would help keep them at least a little warm.

“F-Fucking sen-sending us ou-out here. I-I thin-think half the stu-stutters are fr-from the c-cold,” he said, trying to push whatever happened between them behind him for right now. It wasn’t something he should be focusing on right now. He needed to focus on finding the eggs and then he could have another freak out because this never happened before what the hell was that. He pulled the scarf up a little higher, only to hear the telltale sound of the water alarm. He grumbled, pulling out a water bottle with a straw--thanks again to Endora--and took a few sips before putting it back in his pack, slinging it over his shoulder. “C-Come on. Prob-probably by a stal-stalac--pointy ro-rock.”
PM
^
Jay
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 03:37 PM
Jay
23 || Jay
23 years old
Grad Student Moderator
snakes and lizards
Jay
is Offline.

You will find:
x1 http://files.jcink.net/uploads/alakaiuniversity/Pink_Easter_Egg_2.png
x1 http://files.jcink.net/uploads/alakaiuniversity/Yellow_Easter_Egg.png
PMEmail
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 09:03 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

"Me? Stuttering? I think I'll leave that to you. I doubt I could do it as endearingly as you do," Endora huffed, pulling her gloves back on. Once she was satisfied they were settled, because darn the stitching on the things was annoying to get straight, she glanced around. She hated the cold, and the idea of the ice cave made her frown, but the last one had ended up providing some profitable items. So it was worth it. Maybe. That's what she kept telling herself, anyway.

"I hate the cold. I'm from the south, anything colder than fifty is more than I want to deal with." She took a few steps further into the cave and shivered. Now that they were out of the sun, it seemed like the temperature had dropped another ten degrees. "Probably a good thing you're here, honestly. I'm likely to freeze into an icicle any time now."

The sound of his phone going of caught her attention and she glanced back to see him taking a drink. The sight made her grin, though she didn't say anything. As long as he was taking care of himself, she was pleased. The fact that he was using one of the water bottles she'd gotten him? Well, she might have been a little bit proud of that. Not that she'd ever admit that out loud. "A pointy rock? Is that the scientific term?"

Endora turned back to continue the search... only to find another patch of ice.

PM
^
Daryn Cleary
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 10:30 PM
Daryn Cleary
22 || he/him
22 years old
Coordinator Coordinator
Twitchy
is Offline.

“Medium Orchid.”

---

Endearing? His stutter was endearing? He started to flush again, and quickly pulled his scarf up. He hid his face in the scarf, trying to relax a little bit. She didn’t mean anything by it. His face began to turn even more red, and Daryn found himself trying to hide it again. The teasing, at least, he was used to. “T-Totally sci-scientific. Po-Pointius Roc-rockius.”

The south sounded nice. He was from a tiny little area that saw only the cold dank world. The warmth of the south sounded like something he could get used to, feeling warmth instead of the cold wetness of Lavender Town. Sounded much better, really. He shouldn’t think about it though. That was probably weird to think about, right?

He quickly reached to help Endora as she slipped. His legs tangled, however, and he found himself falling as well, taking her down with him. He moved as he fell, trying to make sure that he didn’t land on her. Even with as skinny as he was, he didn’t want to risk hurting her. What that meant, however, is that he tumbled with her, landing hard on his back.

Daryn coughed, trying to catch his breath. The tell tale sound of a phone skittering across the ground registered with him, and he quickly looked up. He was greeted to the sight of his phone, cracked even more, skittering and tumbling to a little hole that, of course, was filled with water.

“F-F-Fuck!” He put his head back down, groaning, eyes closed. “F-Fucking ph-phone again…” He hadn’t registered exactly that Endora was on him, but his phone was on his mind first. He didn’t have enough money for a new phone just yet--he’d just spent it on some new food for his pokemon.
PM
^
Endora Wilkerson
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 04:55 PM
Endora Wilkerson
23 || She / Her
23 years old
Grad Student Coordinator
Poison / Ghost
Bahgera
is Offline.

Endora snorted a laugh at his quip. Pointius Rockius? "Where do you come up with --- oof!"

She was going down again. She knew it the second she felt her foot lose traction, and that horrid feeling of the world dropping out from under her. Curses ran through her head, but she was resigned to yet another bruise to add to her collection, and probably a wet bottom to go with it. Her eyes shut, waiting for the sharp sting of hard ground beneath her.

What she found, though, was surprisingly... warm... for ice. It took a second for the fact to sink in, and another for the added bonus that she didn't hurt, and wasn't that all sorts of confusing? Then again, the fact that her landing spot was cussing gave her some perspective. Prying open her eyes, Endora glanced down to find Daryn somehow underneath her, but certainly he couldn't be cursing because she was on top of him. After all, he'd put himself there.

But when she turned her attention to where he'd been looking, she was just in time to watch the small splash of his phone disappearing into the water. "Oh, drat." She hadn't even considered water. When they were out of this stars forsaken place, she'd have to look up and see whether that case she'd ordered was water resistant or not. "Well, it's no real loss. That thing was about to fall apart in your hands, anyway. I was afraid my finger might go straight through the screen."

Her hair was falling in her face after their tumble, so Endora pushed it over her shoulder while she turned her attention back to their little predicament. Now that she wasn't in danger of harm, this was actually quite amusing. He didn't have enough meat on his bones to be the most comfortable of cushions, but he was certainly better than the cold ground. At least for her. "If you wanted underneath me that badly, Daryn, there are far easier ways to go about it." Her nose wrinkled slightly as she considered their surroundings. "More comfortable places, as well. A bed perhaps?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll