17 years old
Student Breeder
normal/ranch
Liz
is Offline.

Eevee
Lv.005
[coral]
    Maricruz' first outing with her Pokémon had taught the breeder girl many things, chief among them the fact her starters only listened to her begrudgingly. That was an issue that needed to be resolved, preferably sooner than later... Mari just wasn't quite sure how to go about it yet. All of this just kind of seemed to go over a lot easier at home, at the Bonasera Ranch. The Pokémon there liked her, and Maricruz didn't think she was treating Eevee or Doduo, or even Ponyta any different from their herds of Mareep or something.

The girl breathed a heavy sigh, tipping back her hat as she stared at the rows and rows of berry trees in front of her. Maricruz didn't particularly like forests. The girl was much more keen on the open fields of the ranch. The woods around her hometown of Solaceon also weren't the most welcoming, supposedly housing some haunted ruins and thankfully concealing the Lost Tower to the south of town from view most of the time. This amount of trees so close together practically gave Mari claustrophobia, no matter how friendly they looked with their many colourful berries. Still, the girl had reasoned maybe her Eevee would feel more comfortable here than out in the Haumea fields. If anything, Mari's discomfort would please the fox greatly, so that was a sort of... comfort, in a weird way. Speaking of the normal type Pokémon, Maricruz drew the creature's ruby red Pokéball from her backpack and rolled it around in the palm of her hand for a moment. "Well," Mari sighed again, "here goes nothing, I guess."

A bright light expelled the Eevee from the confines of her Pokéball. She took a nice, long time to properly stretch her limbs, tail swishing from side to side before she looked up at Maricruz. Her expression soured instantly. [Oh, it's you.] the fox grumbled, sitting herself down to groom herself, licking her paw and running it over her face. [Didn't you have a new favourite thing to play with? Big, dumb, on fire? Ring a bell?]

"Buenas mañanas, Cora," replied Maricruz, oblivious not so much to the fox's dismissive attitude but to her exact words. Against perhaps her better judgement, the dark-haired girl had used the name she had planned to give the Eevee already, just to test the waters a little bit. It seemed to go over the fox's head at first, but soon enough it appeared to have sunk in; the Eevee's ears flattened back against her head and she abruptly paused her grooming. [What did you just call me?]

"I'm naming you Cora." the girl explained, having surmised the Eevee wasn't entirely pleased with the proceedings. "It's short for corazon-"

[I don't want your dumb human name!] spat the fox, now back on all fours, her hackles raised. [I told you before!]

Undeterred, Maricruz crouched down to level with the newly named Eevee. Although, the girl merely looked undeterred. Inside, her heart was racing. This shouldn't have to be this hard, right? "It's easier to give you a name than to have to call you 'Eevee' all the time. Or 'foxy lady', I doubt you like that one any better."

Cora was silent for a moment but kept her teeth bared at the girl nevertheless. Well, yes, obviously Cora was better than 'foxy lady', but it was the thought that mattered, damn it! [I. Don't. Want. Your. Dumb. Name.] the Eevee hissed through gritted teeth. [Get it through your thick skull!]

"I'm going to keep calling you Cora." Mari replied. Her answer could have been construed as 'defiant' if only the girl had known what exactly her Eevee was growling at her. Still, that did not mean Maricruz appreciated being growled at. Her voice grew stern. "We're in this together, Cora. You don't get to pick your family. Believe me, sometimes I wish that wasn't the case as well."

Cora wasn't quite sure what exactly was stopping her from blowing out Maricruz' kneecaps with a well-aimed tackle and making a break for it. The fox merely stood there, teeth bared at her trainer, mind racing. What was preventing her from just hitting the girl and running away, exactly? It wasn't like she'd never done anything rash before, either. So that was exactly what she did. The Eevee swiftly turned and bolted for the nearest bushes without so much as a second thought. Sadly, the red light of her Pokéball was many times faster than she could ever dream to be.

Again, Maricruz heaved a deep sigh, lowering the Cherish Ball now occupied once more. This... this was going to be a long damn day, wasn't it?

Eevee is nicknamed Cora

PM
^
Jay
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 01:55 AM
Jay
23 || Jay
23 years old
Grad Student Moderator
snakes and lizards
Jay
is Offline.

Cora gets 2% affection for the name!

Spawns Incoming...
http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/shinx.gif http://i2.ifrm.com/16430/149/emo/boy2.png
Lv. 5
Nature: Adamant || Ability: Guts
Ice Fang, Tackle, Leer

You'll also find...
x1 http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/occaberry.png - Occa
x2 http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/nomelberry.png - Nomel
x1 http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/kasibberry.png - Kasib
PMEmail
^
Maricruz Bonasera
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 03:58 PM
Maricruz Bonasera
17 || she/her
17 years old
Student Breeder
normal/ranch
Liz
is Offline.

Eevee
Lv.005
[coral]
    Maricruz decided against releasing Cora for a while. Not just to try and soothe the Eevee a bit, but for the girl to get a better grip on her own feelings as well. Cora... Cora had tried to run away from her. Mari knew she wasn't the best trainer so far, but to have her starter actually, actively try to get away from her? That was kind of a heavy blow to the young breeder. She had experience with dealing with Pokémon, damn it, why was this so hard?

Mulling the events over in her head, Maricruz wandered closer to the rows of berry trees in front of her. She was here now, so she might as well bring some of the berries that looked ripe. Retrieving her Pokédex from her pockets, the girl began taking photos of some of the fruits with it. The machine bleeped out their names and general characteristics, after which Mari would reach out and gently squeeze the berries to determine whether they were ripe yet or not. She gathered a fair amount of fruit this way: one her Pokédex identified as an Occa berry, a pink one that was supposedly sweet, the Kasib, and finally two Nomel berries, bright yellow and extremely hard to the touch. There was probably something she could use these for, making more Poffins maybe? The one she fed Ponyta seemed to work well enough-

"Shiiiii!"

Pausing mid-storing the berries into het bag, Mari looked around, blinking confusedly. She was pretty sure she heard somethi- "Shinx! Shiiiiii!"

A sharp pain shot through Maricruz' left leg, and the girl let out a small cry, staggering from the hit. She caught a glimpse of blue and black fur around her feet as she tried to regain her balance. She was under attack by... something. A cat-like thing, but not in the same vein as Cora. This was a small cat, back arched and star-tipped tail raised as it hissed at her. "What do you want?" Mari grumbled at it, rubbing the now-sore spot on her shin, angrily trying to wave the small Pokémon away. "Shoo!"

//NOT DONE
PM
^
Justice
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 12:41 PM
Justice
23 || Justice
23 years old
Grad Student Moderator
ghosties
The All Supreme Ruler
is Offline.

BOGO Event
Rewards have been doubled as part of the BOGO event we are doing, which applies to all currently open threads as well. All currently open threads are being closed to allow for a fresh start. Please PM Justice if you have any questions or concerns. Quest threads that were not completed will gain the normal rewards for fairness. Completed reward threads, or threads mostly completed, will gain double rewards.

Your rewards! These have already been doubled!

+4% affection
+3 EXP
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll