Posted: Mar 21 2018, 09:20 PM
Jason Elliot
18 || he/him
18 years old
Student Trainer
Normal/Poison/Grass
Rex
is Offline.

Registration had felt like it had taken a thousand years to complete. So many forms, so many people watching him sign his name and date the paperwork. However, when it was finally all done, a stone's worth of weight seemed to lift from his chest. Now that he was an official student at the school, he took a few minutes to call home and confirm with his parents that everything was set.

They wished him luck, and he promised that he would text and email with updates and accomplishments. Knowing his mom, though, she would probably call him a billion times in one week.

Trudging across campus with all of his stuff, he finally spotted the dorm building and changed his direction a little bit, using the path to get over to it. As he walked, various students of all ages and skin tones were taking advantage of the nice day. All manner of activities were happening, from picnics, Pokemon training and playing, and even what looked like a few makeout sessions.

Wow, people were that public about that kind of stuff here? Interesting.
The door to the building opened with a whoosh and Jason was hit with a blast of cold, AC infused air as he walked into the lobby. Looking around, he saw the counter and started talking to the person on duty, who handed him an envelope with a key and some information inside. Opening the envelope, the key slid out and the name of his roommate was on the official paperwork.

"Uh...excuse me?" he asked, and the student worker turned to face him.
"I was led to believe that rooms were gender based..." he said, frowning.
"Yes, that is correct" she said, nodding.

Pointing to his paper and the name printed there, the student worker giggled and waved her hand.
"Quinn is a male name too. Don't worry, your roommate and your suitemates are all male." she said, holding back her laughter without trying to embarrass him, but it was too late for that.

Flushing slightly, Jason mumbled a thank you and grabbed his stuff, heading away from the counter. Considering he had a 100 level room, he was relieved to not have to lug his stuff up the stairs.
Walking down the hallway, he found the right door and slid the key into the lock, hearing the click of the door.
Pushing it open with his shoulder, the trainer looked around.

"Hello? Anyone here?" he called out, not sure if the room was looking lived in yet.
PM
^
Quinn Baxter
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 06:05 PM
Quinn Baxter
20 || he/him
20 years old
Student Trainer
Tom
is Offline.

http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/tangela.gif http://i2.ifrm.com/16430/149/emo/boy2.png Tangela -LV. 5- Quiet [Seagreen]

http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/growlithe.gif http://i2.ifrm.com/16430/149/emo/girl2.png Growlithe -LV. 5- Adament [Firebrick]

Nothing could prepare him for the the whirlwind that Alaka'i University was going to put him through. Registration was alright for the most part. Papers, people, and all sorts of pokemon made him excited to just be in their process and to see what other people he may become friends with. After the registration, he was given a starter pokemon that he still doesn't know what it is. His heart was beating too fast for it to be normal, but he knows it's just how he is feeling in this exciting moment.

The dorms that he had scored was perfect upon entering the lobby. Air conditioning, something he was used to from time spent in hotels helping his mother clean rooms for a living, was blasting overhead as he gave a once over of the room. Pokemon were everywhere. People were everywhere. Everything seemed to be just as he imagined it in his mind. A laugh falls from his lips as he approaches the front desk and is given a key to his room. The name, Jason Elliot, attached next to his own. A mysterious roommate that he would get to know and become friends with in no time. Or well, he hoped he would.

A silence falls upon his own lips as a breath of air fills in his lungs and the stress of being a student was about to begin. Deep breaths as he twists the key and the knob to open the door to the room that he was going to live in for the next few years possibly. A breath of relief falls from his lips as he notices no one in the room. Everything is bare along the walls, soon that'll change once he unpacks, but it's interesting to see. A laugh falls from his lips as he sets his stuff next to a bed and explores the living space. A common space, kitchenette, separate bedrooms, a perfect place to live.

As he sits in the common room, waiting for whoever Jason was to come, he stares at the pokeball in his hand. Gently giving it a once over, curiosity deep in his chest as he thinks of all the things it could be. A pokemon to call his partner for the rest of the time at the university. His voice escapes into the air, "I hope we get along. My dad would have been excited to meet you." A slight toss as the pokemon comes out and the pokeball returns to him hand, a gasp falls from his throat. Tangela appears in a shy manner, avoiding any sort of look at him.

"Hello." He says as he opens a hand to the Tangela which only stares at it terrified to even move. Tentacles moved as far away from his as possible as he gives a half frown at the pokemon. A grass type was not the type he was good with, but he was a trainer and they had to be a it versatile when it comes to winning battles. A friendly smile comes back as he speaks again. "I won't hurt you, I promise."

The Tangela finally speaks in the way a pokemon does, he can't understand him at all. [Are you sure about that?] A sigh comes from his lips as he nods to the Tangela gently and gives his own big smile. The Tangela watches him carefully before coming over to him and looks up unexpectedly. Quinn's arms wrap around the Tangela as he lifts him up and gives a once over.

"Alright, I think we're gonna give you a name! Tent? No! Ten? No!" Stuck in deep thought, the Tangela wiggles in his arms, until he sets him back down onto the ground where Tangela moves behind something where he can see the pokemon just barely. Tangela whines in response to his gazing eyes.

[I don't need a name. I could go by Tangles though? I-If you want?] Eyes glued to his Tangela, an idea pops into his mind and he jumps up in excitement at the thought. The room is quiet just like his Tangela before he speaks once again in a jumbled mess of words.

"We'll call you Tangles! You are like a tangled mess! It's perfect! I am so glad I came up with this name. Dad would be proud of me!" A whine from Tangles comes around the couch that sits in the common room.

[I picked that name! It was my idea!] Quinn ignores the whines as he scoops up his pokemon and says goodbye for now as he was waiting for his roommate. Jason could be anyone from a hot guy to a nerdy guy to really anything. Excitement in his veins as he returns Tangles to his pokeball and focuses on the door for a moment as someone pushed open the door with a shoulder.

A cute boy walks through the door with hands full of Jason's own stuff. Words fall from the other boy's lips into the air, "Hello? Anyone here?" Cute boy, who was probably a year younger than him, enters with an unsure look on his face. Quinn's already up on his feet, ready to help him out as he replies. approaching the other male.

"Hello! I'm Quinn, you must be Jason. Here let me help out with that?" A friendly smile as he offers a hand to help with Jason's stuff to put in the other bedroom. A calm, but nervous breath leaves his throat as he holds himself in place with a hand outstretched. Cute boy, Tangles, and a new place to call home. Things were on the up for him.

@Rex
PMEmail
^
Jason Elliot
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 08:42 AM
Jason Elliot
18 || he/him
18 years old
Student Trainer
Normal/Poison/Grass
Rex
is Offline.

Quinn was sitting just out of Jason's eyesight, especially with the things that he was carrying. As he stepped further into the room, that was when his roommate came up to him and offered to take something.

"Oh! Yeah, totally dude, here," he said, pushing one of the duffel bags towards his roommate.
"Thanks for the assist. I probably packed too much crap. It's my first time away from home, I wanted to be prepared," he said with a chuckle, before looking around the dorm more carefully.

"Pretty nice digs," he said, moving around in a small circle. It was quite spacious and looked very comfortable.
"How long have you be-" he started to ask, before his eyes fell upon Quinn's Tangela.
"What in the world...." he muttered, as he took a step closer.
He didn't want to get too close, just in case the Pokemon didn't like people in its personal space. Fortunately for him, his Poke dex app had finished downloading, and it chirped after scanning the Tangela.

"Tangela, the vine Pokemon. Native to Kanto. Tangela's vines snap off easily if they are grabbed. This happens without pain, allowing it to make a quick getaway. The lost vines are replaced by newly grown vines the very next day. Evolves into Tangrowth"

Jason raised his eyebrows, before nodding.
"Pretty cool. Anyway, I was going to ask, have you been here long? You seem settled in."

PM
^
Quinn Baxter
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:36 PM
Quinn Baxter
20 || he/him
20 years old
Student Trainer
Tom
is Offline.

http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/tangela.gif http://i2.ifrm.com/16430/149/emo/boy2.png Tangles -LV. 5- Quiet [Seagreen]

http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/growlithe.gif http://i2.ifrm.com/16430/149/emo/girl2.png Growlithe -LV. 5- Adament [Firebrick]

"Oh! Yeah, totally dude, here," Jason speaks with a pleasant voice to him as Quinn lets himself smile towards the person he would be seeing the most of. Interesting to see how the other male holds himself with a friendly stature, Quinn's just excited to have a new person to get to know. The island life was exciting, but annoying with the same people in the same place for years and years. All he had wanted to do was escape to somewhere new. Jason's voice rings again to the air around them. "Thanks for the assist. I probably packed too much crap. It's my first time away from home, I wanted to be prepared,"

A chuckle falls from his lips as he nods to his dorm mate with a realization that he probably didn't pack up everything he needed. Quinn probably forgot something, but his mother should be able to mail him anything he needs, at least that's what he hopes for. A chuckle falls from his lips as he speaks now with a calm, relaxed tone. "It's always good to be prepared for the unknown. Never know what you'll need!" Tangles runs to him then as he moves further into the room with Jason there.

"Pretty nice digs," A nod of agreement as he set the duffel bag down for a moment as he lets his dorm mate check things out. "How long have you be-" Confusion comes across his eyes as he looks at Jason who had just stopped mid-sentence for whatever reason, but then his eyes follow to Tangles and Quinn gives a chuckle as he watches Jason look at his partner with awe for a moment. "What in the world...." A foot forward makes Tangles freak only slightly as he runs behind his leg for protection. At least Tangles was beginning to grow on him. A laugh through the air as Jason pulls out the good old Poke dex app and gives it a whirl.

Something about vines snapping off for easy escape, he would have to remember that for later, especially in a battle. Could be useful information for him to have at his disposal. No harm done to Tangles as he just grows them back. Arms go to lift Tangles into his arms, who seems alright with the movement as he gives him a smile. The vines look up at him with the cute innocent eyes he has. [This is cool. I can see onto the fluffy thing over there!]

Tangles eyes wander to the couch before twisting and turning until he places Tangles on the ground. Tangles runs to the couch and begins climbing it somehow with no arms. It's a sight to see, but he ignores Tangles attempts to look back at Jason who asked him a question. "Pretty cool. Anyway, I was going to ask, have you been here long? You seem settled in."

A smile pulls at his lips as he moves to grab the duffel bag again with ease. Words fall from his lips as he gives a helpful smile. "Not too long. Just enough to claim a room and meet Tangles. Who seems to be pretty cool so far. He's just a little shy?" His other arm goes to rub the back of his neck as he lets his eyes rack over the slightly younger male with a smile. As he moves to lean on the wall for a second and then comes up with words to say.

"How about we get your stuff to the other room? Or you could just stay in my room, I don't mind sharing a bed with a handsome guy." A smirk falls upon his face like it was meant to be there as he lets his body relax into the norms of how he was. "What do you think? Afterwards we could get to know one another as we'll be seeing a lot of one another."

@Rex
PMEmail
^
Justice
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 12:20 PM
Justice
23 || Justice
23 years old
Grad Student Moderator
ghosties
The All Supreme Ruler
is Offline.

BOGO Event
Rewards have been doubled as part of the BOGO event we are doing, which applies to all currently open threads as well. All currently open threads are being closed to allow for a fresh start. Please PM Justice if you have any questions or concerns. Quest threads that were not completed will gain the normal rewards for fairness. Completed reward threads, or threads mostly completed, will gain double rewards.

Your rewards! Remember, these have already been doubled!

+200 http://i2.ifrm.com/16430/149/emo/money.png
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll